Contura Energy is a private, Tennessee-based coal supplier with affiliate mining operations across major coal basins in Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia. With customers across the globe, high-quality reserves and significant port capacity, Contura Energy reliably supplies both metallurgical coal to produce steel and thermal coal to generate power.
Contura Energy is committed to operating safely, efficiently, and responsibly, with customer service second-to-none and an ongoing focus on continuous improvement.
What We Do
Contura Energy supplies the fuel that is used to shape our everyday lives. We take care in operating safely, responsibly, and ethically, continually striving to improve and delivering quality in everything we do.
Who We Are
Contura Energy affiliates operate both underground and surface coal mining complexes across Northern and Central Appalachia.
Northern Appalachia (PA)
- Cumberland – Underground
Central Appalachia (VA, WV)
- Deep Mine 41 – Underground (VA)
- 88 Strip – Surface (VA)
- Deep Mine 44 – Underground (VA)
- Long Branch – Surface (VA)
- No. 10 (Bear Ridge Upper Banner)* – Underground (VA)
- OMM (Reedy Ridge)* – Underground (VA)
- Toms Creek North* – Underground (VA)
- Jerry Fork Eagle – Underground (WV)