Contura Energy (NYSE: CTRA) is a Tennessee-based coal supplier with affiliate mining operations in Virginia and West Virginia. With customers across the globe, high-quality reserves and significant port capacity, Contura Energy reliably supplies metallurgical coal to produce steel.
Contura Energy is committed to operating safely, efficiently, and responsibly, with customer service second-to-none and an ongoing focus on continuous improvement.
What We Do
Contura Energy supplies the fuel that is used to shape our everyday lives. We take care in operating safely, responsibly, and ethically, continually striving to improve and delivering quality in everything we do.
Who We Are
Contura Energy affiliates operate both underground and surface coal mining complexes across Central Appalachia.
- 88 Strip – Surface
- Long Branch – Surface
- Deep Mine 41 – Underground
- Deep Mine 44 – Underground
- No. 10 (Bear Ridge Upper Banner)* – Underground
- Pax – Surface
- Republic – Surface
- Workman Creek North – Surface
- Workman Creek South – Surface
- Allen Powellton – Underground
- Alma – Underground
- Black Eagle – Underground
- Cedar Grove No 2 – Underground
- Coon Cedar Grove – Underground
- Davey Branch – Underground
- Horse Creek Eagle – Underground
- Jerry Fork Eagle – Underground
- Kingston #2 – Underground
- Lynn Branch – Underground
- Panther Eagle – Underground
- Road Fork 52 – Underground
- Slabcamp Stockton – Underground